If you own a Levoit air purifier, you will agree that it effectively cleans out air, eliminates unpleasant odors, and helps to improve your overall health. This is particularly useful for those suffering from breathing ailments like asthma.
Nevertheless, like any mechanical device, Levoit air purifiers are prone to issues that may interfere with their performance. Below are some common problems that you may encounter with your Levoit air purifier, including the red light issue, and how to troubleshoot them.
1. Levoit Air Purifier Won’t Turn On
There are several reasons your Levoit air purifier may not power on. Here are some of the possible issues and the things you can do to solve them:
- Power is not turned on – First things first, ensure that the power is turned on at the outlet. If not, power it on.
- A faulty electrical cord – Although made from a heavy-duty rubber material, the power cord can wear out with time. Test the electrical cord and replace it if it’s faulty.
- Faulty outlet – Your Levoit air purifier may not work if the electrical outlet is faulty. Try using another outlet to plug the air purifier to solve this issue.
- Issues with back cover – You can expect power issues if the back cover of your unit is not placed correctly. Place it well to see if the air purifier will work.
- Incorrect power rating – Your Levoid air purifier will not power on if the power rating, which is the total electrical power for running an air purifier, is incorrect. Check the outlet and ensure that the power rating is correct.
2. Red Light on Levoit Air Purifier
The red light on your Levoit air purifier indicates that it’s time to change the filter. Don’t worry, it’s easy to replace the filter and reset the light. Simply follow these steps:
- Turn off your air purifier and unplug it from the power source.
- Remove the filter cover and take out the old filter.
- Insert the new filter and replace the cover.
- Hold down the filter reset indicator button on the control panel for 3-5 seconds until the light turns off.
That’s it! Your Levoit air purifier is now ready to go, and the red light won’t be a bother anymore. Remember to replace the filter every 6-8 months for optimal performance.
While filter replacement is the most frequent reason for the red light, there are other issues that may cause it to flash. Overheating is a possibility, particularly if the air purifier is placed in direct sunlight or in a warm room. In this case, turn off the unit and move it to a cooler location. Another potential problem is a software glitch, which may require resetting the air purifier.
3. Reduced Airflow Out of Your Purifier
Significantly reduced airflow is another common issue that Levoit air purifier owners are likely to experience. Here are the possible causes and their solutions:
- Low fan speed – Probably the reason for reduced airflow is because your fan is running at low speed. If this is the case, change the fan speed control function setting. You can also use the auto mode function to increase the fan speed to detect and remove pollutants.
- The filter packaging is still on – If the first tip does not work, check the filter. Before using new air filters, you need to remove them from their packaging. Otherwise, this can significantly reduce the airflow. If the package is still on, remove it before operating your unit.
- Inadequate clearance – This issue can occur if the air intake and outlet are placed too close to objects. To solve this problem and improve airflow, change the unit’s location, preferably 15 inches/38 cm, from all objects to ensure enough clearance.
4. Air Purifier is Making Unusual Noises
Several things can make your Levoit air purifier make weird noises, with the main one being that the filter is not installed correctly. Other possible causes include:
- The air filter needs replacement – Get a replacement as instructed in the Levoit instructions manual.
- The back cover is not placed correctly – Make sure that you fit the back cover properly.
- Presence of a foreign object in the air purifier – If you find a foreign object in your unit, turn off the unit and unplug it from the outlet. However, do not open the air purifier but contact the support team to solve the issue.
5. Unpleasant Smell Produced During Usage
If there is a strange odor in the room, your air purifier may be faulty. Typically, an air purifier is designed to distribute clean, fresh air. However, the presence of odors and heavy smoke in the room can affect the performance of the unit’s filtration system. Consequently, the over-polluted filter gives off an unpleasant smell.
An easy way to solve this issue is to clean the air filter, mainly if it’s still new and capable of trapping odors in the air. However, it would help not to wash with water since Levoit air purifier filters are not waterproof. Instead, you can blow compressed air on the unit. If the filter has stayed for over 6 to 8 months, it is time to replace it.
Also, it is vital to ensure that you ventilate the room before running the air purifier to eliminate any odors or smoke in the room. The other solution is to install a vent hood or a ceiling fan in areas like the kitchen to eliminate cooking odors and smoke.
Check out our post about reasons to install a ceiling fan in your kitchen.
6. Air Purification is Not Working Properly
The other issue you may experience with your Levoit air purifier is non-functionality. Usually, this happens when:
- Dust has accumulated on the filters – Ensure that you clean the filters and replace them where necessary.
- Large room coverage – Using a room larger than 300 feet square can lead to poor air quality from your unit. Therefore, only use it in the recommended room coverage.
- Poor indoor air quality – Before running your unit, ventilate the room. Once the room is well ventilated, close all doors and windows and then run your device.
- Air inlet or outlet is blocked – Allow enough clearance and remove objects that may block the inlet and outlet.
7. Air Purifier Isn’t Connecting to the App
Unfortunately, some air purifiers from Levoit may not connect to the app. Here is what to do when you encounter this issue:
- Network issues – Ensure the network is working correctly and that you are using a secure 2.4GHZ Wi-Fi.
- Wrong Wi-Fi password – Check the password and ensure it is the correct one. Also, make sure that you don’t leave space at the beginning or end of the password.
- VPN turned on during setup – When setting up the unit, ensure that you turn off VPN.
- The air purifier is far from the router – Make sure that your router is close to the air purifier to work correctly.
If you have a Levoit air purifier, these are some common issues you may encounter. Hopefully, this article has helped you troubleshoot your Levoit air purifier should you come across any of these issues.